North Stradbroke Island Day Dive Trip
Double Boat Dive with Manta Lodge | Ex Cleveland via Water Taxi
If you haven’t been diving around North Stradbroke Island then you have missed out on the best dive sites our area has to offer. Famous for its annual Manta Ray and Grey Nurse Shark migration, all sites are situated around large exposed and unexposed rocks and reefs around Point Lookout. Visibility is good all year around.
The most popular sites are Flat Rock, Shag Rock and Manta Bommie. Refer to our dive site page for more detailed information about dive sites.
Manta Ray Season runs from about October to May each year and there is no better place to dive with these amazing creatures.
Grey Nurse Shark Season runs from about May until October each year with Shark Alley being a well know breading ground.
Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre operates 2 custom built semi-rigid NAIAD inflatable dive boats, launched from the beach. All sites are only a 10-15 minute boat ride away. Manta Lodge operates a premium dive centre with first class facilities including showers, secure lockers, Nitrox, dive shop as well as professional and friendly staff.
Come and join us for an amazing day.
- Double boat dive with tanks and weights
- In-water dive guide
- Ferry transfers
- Island transfers
- Surface interval snacks
- Additional dive equipment can be hired directly from Manta Lodge at additional cost (payable on the day)
- Min. Open Water certified with recent dive experience within 6 months
Basic Schedule for the Day
- 5:45am - 5:55am
- Meet at Cleveland Stradbroke Flyer Water Taxi Terminal
- 5:55am - 6:20am
- Water Taxi Departure to North Stradbroke Island
- 6:20am - 6:40am
- Island Bus Transfer
- Shuttle Transfer to Manta Lodge and Scuba Centre
- 6:45am - 6:55am
- Dive Check-In
- Cert Card Checks, Waivers etc.
- 6:55am - 7:20am
- Gear up
- Getting ready, loading the boat
- 7:20am - 7:30am
- Dive Brief
- All you need to know will be discussed prior to departure
- 7:30am - 11am
- Double Boat Dive
- Dive Boat Departure / 2 Dives
- 11:00am - 12pm
- Return to Shore
- Unload, clean equipment, hot showers etc.
- 12pm - 12:15pm
- Shuttle Transfer
- Return to Water Taxi Terminal
- 12:25 - 01:00pm
- Return Water Taxi
- Travel back to Cleveland. Enjoy a beer or wine from the bar.